Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2 year old Isabelle


I was reading Peach Heaven to Isabelle and Jack the other night, and remembered the email to and from the author, Yangsook Choi. Isabelle used to know every single word to her favorite book, so I let the author know. She was then kind enough to not just reply, but send Isabelle a picture of herself all grown up!
my email to her:
Hello! I just wanted to write you to tell you how much my two year old daughter, Isabelle, LOVES your book, Peach Heaven! We get it from the library every single time we go and renew it as many times as we can, and when we can't renew it again, we return it, then immedietly get it again! She knows every single word, literally every word! When I picked up another one of your books, she looked at the cover and said, "Yangsook, Yangsook!" :-)
We love your books and your art! Thank you so much for making her a very happy little girl!

Her reply:
Hello Sarah,
Thank you for such encouraging words and being a great facilitator for reading.
I really love writing for little people, I don't know if I ever want to write for 'old people'. :)
I'm attaching a photo of very grown-up Yangsook here. I don't know if Isabelle could understand now that a person grows old. But I want her to know that her love for Peach Heaven would never grow old in my heart.
Yangsook

No comments:

Post a Comment